YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Augusta Township cares about the opinions and ideas of young residents like you! Augusta Township’s Youth Advisory Committee, otherwise known as “YAC”, is an initiative that is made up of youth 12-17 years old that live in Augusta Township. They work as a team to collaborate with the Township on events, programs and other initiatives that matter to the youth members.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- You must be between the ages of 12 and 17
- You must be a resident of Augusta Township.
- Have your opinions heard about events, programs and other initiatives that matter;
- Help make Augusta Township be more youth friendly;
- Hours can be used towards your 40 hours of community involvement to graduate;
- Build your resume, free food and more.
WHAT DO MEMBERS OF “THE YAC” DO?
- Collaborate with Township employees on initiatives and projects determined by the Committee
- Keep Council updated on initiatives and projects
- Agree to be on the committee for one year (from September to August)
Members of the committee are selected in early September. Membership in the committee runs from September until August each year.
Email email@example.com or call the Township Office for more information.
YAC Jr. is a new initiative for 2020. They have the same mandate as YAC but it’s members will be 8-12 years old. It’s a great way to build leadership skills and learn about local government while working as a team to collaborate with the Township on initiatives that matter to younger residents.
To join or for more information, please contact:
Tanya Henry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- Michele Bowman by email at email@example.com